Missing school? Sometimes a funny excuse note is the way to go
Ah, the excuse note. A powerful little document with the magical power to grant forgiveness for many a scholastic transgression. They are sacred things, those notes, an inevitable part of school life: written, handed in and then forgotten. But sometimes a note is different -- sometimes it stands out. Let’s take a look at some funny excuse notes for missing school that made enough of an impact that the teacher-recipients had to share them. And remember, the misspellings and grammar problems were in the original note.
Our favorite funny excuses for missing school
- “My dad forgot to do my homework for me.”
- “I left my homework in the back of a pickup truck. Went through a carwash.”
- “My son Michael won't be in school today, he caught his thing in his zipper this morning while dressing and is in lot of pain!”
- “Please excuse Johnnie for being. It was his father's fault.”
- “My youngest daughter couldn't turn in her homework because her younger step-brother had stolen it, filled it in and turned it in to his teacher to prove how smart he was.”
- “Please excuse Eric from school on May 5th through May 19th. He was waiting in line for the new Star Wars film. You will be happy to know, he got tickets for next September, when he will be missing another week of school while he waits in line for the perfect seat.”
- “Please excuse my daughter from school yesterday and P.E. forever. She had a very bad asthma attack running in P.E. because the coach made her run too much. Please excuse her from P.E. even though the doctor says she needs it.”
- “Diane was late on Wednesday. She fell asleep on the bus and was taken back to the bus yard.”
- “Please excuse Tommy for being absent yesterday. He had diarrheea and his boots leak.”
- “Please exscuse John from being absent Jan. 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 and also 33.”
- “Please excuse Gloria from Jim today. She is administrating.”
- “Tommy wasn't in school yesterday because he thought it was Saturday.”
- “Please excuse my son. He will be out next week slaughtering goats for his manhood ritual. Thank you!”
- “Please excuse Jennifer for missing school yesterday. We forgot to get the Sunday paper off the porch and when we found it Monday we thought it was Sunday.
- “Please excuse little Jimmy for not being in school yesterday. His father is gone and I could not get him ready because I was in bed with the doctor.
- "I won't be in class today because I'm in love."
Avoid the dreaded excuse note with help from Tutor Doctor
Do you or your child need a little extra help in school? Tutor Doctor offers personalized, one-to-one tutoring services that help struggling students stop avoiding school and start enjoying it. Learn more about our process or find a Tutor Doctor location near you.