Summer Reading Challenge
Our Reading Tutors Help Your Child Stay On Track
The start of summer break signals a time for kids to unwind, step outside, and have a good time. They get the much-deserved break they work all semester for. However, while students should enjoy their fun in the sun, it’s also important to keep the learning momentum going while they’re not in school. Too often students experience what is known as the “summer slide,” wherein they lose 20-30% of the academic progress they made during the regular school year. Don’t let all that effort and work go to waste!
At Tutor Doctor, we have devised a fun summer reading challenge to keep your child engaged. Whether on the beach, in their backyard, or from the comfort of their own home, your child can explore different stories while strengthening and developing their reading skills. We’ve created a list of popular and classic novels arranged by difficulty levels. Students are encouraged to read as many books as possible - we recommend at least 5 books for 1st- 3rd graders and at least 3 books for 8th-12th graders.
What’s included in our Summer Reading Challenge kit?
- Summer Reading Challenge Booklist - Our skilled reading tutors have compiled a list of 10 books for each reading level, with 60 books all together. Students can choose their own literary adventure, based on their reading level.
- Worksheet - Students receive a worksheet they fill out after completing each book. This allows them to keep track of what they read and their understanding of the book.
You could be in with the chance of winning an awesome prize! Strong reading comprehension skills are the foundation of a good education. By developing an interest in reading and writing sooner, your child will be better established to handle higher grade levels.
Ask your local Tutor Doctor office about how the Summer Reading Challenge is being run in your area.
Experience the Tutor Doctor Difference
Give your child all the resources he or she needs to succeed. At Tutor Doctor, our reading tutors can help your child with skills such as vocabulary, reading comprehension, literacy, study skills, and more. We create customized lesson plans based on your child’s strengths, needs, and educational goals.
Other reasons why 95% of past clients recommend us to friends & family:
- We have been helping students succeed for more than a decade
- We have been featured on NBC, ABC, and Fox News
- We have helped 200,000+ students in 15+ countries
- We genuinely care about our students and want them to succeed