Liz is an academic professional with proven experience helping students of all ages in multiple subjects. However, her passion is reading and she is an expert at helping children learn how to read.
"Helping little people learn is a passion I have always had, and one I cannot wait to share with your family," Liz said. She received a Bachelor of Science in Sociology in 2005 from Truman State University and a Master of Arts in Teaching from Webster University in 2012. She has been teaching kindergarten for the last seven years, and she herself LOVES to read.
"Three years ago, in the Fall 2019, I heard a term I had not heard before: 'Science of Reading,'" Liz said. "Since then, I have made individual efforts to educate myself on the topic. I learned that for all students to become good readers, they need explicit and systematic reading instruction that focuses on decoding words and comprehending content rich language. I immediately changed my classroom instruction to implement Science of Reading teaching strategies." In May of last school year, 85% of Liz's students left kindergarten proficient in reading. The other 15% were not far behind. "The Science of
Reading works," Liz said. "I have never been more proud of what my students were able to accomplish. I am so thankful that I was able to learn the right way to teach little people how to read. They are our future. They deserve adults who are willing to do the work to give them their best chance at life."
Liz added, "I hope to be that adult for your child. I cannot wait to share my knowledge with your family."