English Tutor in Holly Springs
Reading, Writing, and Comprehension Tutoring
English and literature require critical, comprehensive, and creative thinking skills. On one hand, a student needs to be able to recall and implement grammar-rules and technicalities through correctly structured language; on the other hand, a student might be asked to think critically about a text and draw comparisons between different sub-texts in a novel or poem. It is a highly diverse subject that requires many different faculties.
If your student is struggling in their English class, our team at Tutor Doctor Holly Springs can help. We understand how complex literature can be and we provide tools to help your student navigate the confusing waters of the written language.
Types of English Tutoring We Provide
English and Literature classes can cover a wide range of topics and skills – and our English tutors in Holly Springs can help!
Our tutors help students with a wide range of English topics, including:
- Reading Comprehension
- Language Arts
- Reading Decoding
- Grammar Conventions
- Essay and Report Writing
- Creative Writing Prompts
Whether your student is struggling in a specific area or needs help with a wide range of areas, our tutors can assist. Our tutoring services are in-home and online and one-on-one, which is convenient and effective. Your student can get the extra attention and care they need to succeed.
How do you tutor for reading?
Tutoring to help develop reading skills can be difficult. Tutor Doctor Holly Springs has compiled some tips for how you can assist a struggling reader.
- Use positive reinforcement. When discouraged, learning to read only becomes more difficult. Instead of focusing on errors, highlight correct responses with praise.
- Be clear with your instructions. Try not to phrase things as a question, like “How would you say this word?” Instead use direct language, like “Say this word.”
- Be present with your reader. As your reader is working through sentences, make sure you are diligently following along. If you are focused, you can help them remain focused.
Want Quick English Tips?
Check out these helpful blog posts that can help you boost your English and Literature skills right now:
- Top Tips for Writing a Great Essay
- Tips to Better Writing Skills
- How to Have Neat, Legible Handwriting at Any Age
About Tutor Doctor Holly Springs
At Tutor Doctor Holly Springs, we provide top-quality private English tutoring services for struggling students or students that are trying to get ahead. We aim for effective and convenient services, which is why we offer flexible scheduling, affordable prices, and in-home and online sessions. We also understand that progress is important, which is why we offer on-going weekly progress reports. If you aren’t happy with the results, we also offer a 60-day money-back guarantee. Learn more about the benefits of choosing Tutor Doctor Holly Springs!
Contact us today or call us at (919) 371-5513 to get started – we provide a complimentary consultation for all first-time students!