Private Math Tutors in Grosse Pointe and St. Clair Shores, MI
Need an In-home or Online Math Tutor? We Offer Free Consultations
Historically, math has gotten a bad reputation as one of the most challenging subjects to learn. Many children struggle with math application because it’s not always taught in a way conducive to specific learning styles. Our team at Tutor Doctor Bloomfield, Orion & St. Clair Shores partners with families to develop custom tutoring programs that help students find confidence in the classroom.
Mathematical concepts can be challenging when you don’t have the proper instruction or the time to work with students who may not understand. When educators have to move quickly through math lessons, this is where some kids fall through the cracks. If this has happened to your child, we’re here with experienced private tutoring for St. Clair Shores students of various ages and grade levels.
How Our Math Tutors Near You Can Help
We can assist your student with math subjects, including:
- Algebra I
- Algebra II
The secret to our success with in-home math tutoring is that we don’t focus on memorization. Your student will get practical instruction because math is applicable in everyday life. The private tutor we hand-pick for your child will develop lesson plans designed to help them build confidence and discover a love for learning math.
Schedule your complimentary consultation with a math tutor for kids of all ages today!
How Our Kids Math Tutoring Services Are Different
Other tutoring companies may tell you that they can help improve your child’s grades, but that’s where their involvement ends. At Tutor Doctor Bloomfield, Orion & St. Clair Shores, we, of course, help your student get better grades, but we do so much more to give them the tools they need to succeed in and outside the classroom.
We Help Kids Rediscover Confidence
Poor math instruction can make your child think there’s something wrong with them, resulting in low self-esteem. We want to create a private tutoring program that helps children see that personalized support is all they need to build confidence in themselves.
We Encourage a Focus on Application
Math is a subject that builds upon itself. This means if you don’t have a grasp on initial concepts, you can’t move on to more complex theories. Students can memorize equations all day, but they’ll be stuck if they don’t understand how to apply them. To remedy this, our math tutors instruct in a way that makes math applicable and understandable.
We Cater to All Learning Styles
Whether your student is a visual learner or a kinesthetic learner, our tutors will customize each session to match your child’s learning style. The best part is this isn’t an extra charge. It’s ingrained in our overall tutoring services.
Is Math Tutoring Worth the Money?
If you are wondering if sending your child to a math tutor is worth the money, consider the following:
- Is your child struggling to learn in their in-person or virtual classroom?
- Is your child falling behind on assignments due to difficulty learning?
- Does your child have better success learning with one-on-one attention given to them?
- Are you unable to make up for the learning struggles your child has with one-on-one help to them? This can be due to child/parent relationships, lack of time, lack of mathematical skills, or other reasons.
If you answered yes to any or all of the above questions, then it may be a good idea to enlist the services of Tutor Doctor St. Clair Shores and Grosse Pointes in order to help your child succeed in math class.
Benefits of Hiring a Math Tutor
While the benefits of tutoring will vary for each individual, some of the most common benefits that tutoring gives many people include:
- Instilling confidence – The ability to understand and follow along with the current lesson in class can bring enormous confidence to children as they are no longer feeling left out or as though they are the only student struggling to understand and keep up with the lesson.
- Saving time and brain power to focus on other learning – Because your child likely has many classes that they are working through, the ability to understand their math lessons can leave more room for learning and understanding other subjects, instead of using the majority of their brain power on math.
- Personal connection and care – One-on-one time to learn & ask questions, have specific topics broken down, and spend the time necessary to work through each topic can be invaluable to a struggling student. It can be greatly empowering for students who feel embarrassed to ask questions in front of the class or struggle to learn at the same speed as others when they have personal time with a tutor.
- Learning outside the classroom – Not everyone learns quickly in a classroom setting, so the extra attention can make all the difference for those who need a few more minutes to process and ask questions through each new topic.
- Learning disabilities – Tutoring not only benefits those who are struggling through a particular topic but also those with learning disabilities, needing additional time and care poured into their education.
- Visual aids – For visual-learning students, the ability to physically hold and work through their math equations with visual aids can make all the difference.
If you are interested in learning more about tutoring with us, get in touch today and we would be happy to assist you!