ASVAB Preparation with Tutor Doctor Goodyear Buckeye
For those pursuing a profession in the Armed Services, our tutors can help prepare for the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB), a heavily researched aptitude test developed by the Department of Defense to measure young adult’s potential for military training.
The test is designed to determine strengths and best fit vocations within the Armed Service branches through the testing of eight areas of measurement. Those areas are the following:
- General Science - Life, earth, space and physical sciences
- Arithmetic Reasoning - Ability to solve basic math and word problems
- Word Knowledge - Ability to grasp the meaning of words through synonyms
- Paragraph Comprehension - Ability to understand written material
- Mathematics - Math concepts and applications
- Electronics - Electrical current, circuits, devices and electronic systems
- Auto and Shop - Car maintenance and repair, and wood and metal shop
- Mechanical - Principles of mechanical devices, structural support, properties of materials
Having a tutor can assist the test taker in understanding underlying fundamental concepts, refresh concepts that might have been taught years ago, teach how best to prepare and study for the exam, and lastly, provide test taking tips specific to the individual and the test itself.