SAT®/ACT Test Prep
Average 200 Point SAT® Score Gain.
Average 5 Point ACT Score Gain.
$1,000,000 in Scholarship Dollars.
Starting with a free college planning consultation with a Tutor Doctor College Admissions expert, we create a custom testing and preparation plan that aligns with your individual strengths, weaknesses, and goals.
At Tutor Doctor, SAT®/ACT Prep is an Art and a Science.
We’ve learned from experience that score improvement happens with the right blend of coaching, strategies, skills, and practice.
Test Prep The Tutor Doctor Way
- Consultation: A free consultation with our college admissions experts get you on the right track toward your dream school! Our experts will review transcripts, strengths and weaknesses, discuss post-high school goals, and make targeted college planning and test prep recommendations.
- Diagnostics: SAT® vs ACT and Reasonable Goal-setting
- Planning: You’ll get a comprehensive testing plan detailing which tests and when!
- Test Coaching and Strategy: Emphasis on pacing, tips for managing anxiety, and strategic test taking skills.
- Curriculum: Our state-of-the-art curriculum, developed over 25 years of experience, combines lessons and drills on every type of question along with test-taking strategies for pacing and anxiety reduction.
- Practice: Students practice on official practice exams under a timed setting to replicate test day conditions.
- Coaches: We are proud of our team of amazing educators. We select our team members for their passion for education, track record of success, and deep content knowledge. As always, we carefully match students to the "right fit" tutor based on learning style, personality, and academic need!
1:1 Private Tutoring, Boot Camps, or Online Courses
Equipped with information about your student and an understanding of your family's budgets and time constraints, we will recommend a level-headed plan that aligns with your needs.
STRATEGIES. PRACTICE. CONFIDENCE. RESULTS
See what others have said about our test prep programs!
My son's score improved 300 points! We all consider your program VERY worthwhile. It was money - and time - well spent.” KATHY
I improved my SAT® score from a 1620 to an 1850, and on my ACT I achieved a score of 31. My tutor was excellent to work with and easy to get along with." ZACH
I'm thrilled that my daughter has qualified for a National Merit Scholarship thanks to her high PSAT scores. Thank you!" JANET
Our Proven Program
All while managing test anxiety and keeping entrance exams in perspective we use diagnostics, individualized plans, a robust skill-building curriculum, focused practice, and continuous positive reinforcement, we've helped 4500 students improve their scores and apply to schools with confidence.
Official Diagnostic ACT or SAT® Exams
Students enjoy results when we start with data. We recommend an initial diagnostic SAT® or ACT exam to pinpoint student strengths and opportunities for improvement. And, as preparation continues, students can take periodic official exams to further refine skills and gain test-taking experience.
Custom Prep Plan for Student Needs and Budgets
The tests may be standardized, but your prep is not. From our initial phone consultation, we learn about your student's grades, learning style, goals,strengths, and challenges so we can make targeted recommendations for your family: which tests to take, when to begin preparing, and when to sit for your first official exam.
Expertly Designed Curriculum
We've refined our approach to test preparation over 25 years. The right blend of skill-building, practice on official, timed exams, and exceptional instruction yields results! Our new workbook curriculum comprises a fun and approachable guide for students.
Exceptional Tutors and Instructors
We are proud of our team of amazing educators. We select our team members for their passion for education, track record of success, and deep content knowledge. For private tutoring, we carefully match students to the "right fit" tutor based on learning style, personality, and academic need!