Tutor Doctor Lower Susquehanna Valley
Dan Stroup is the educational consultant at Tutor Doctor of Susquehanna Valley. His office primarily serves Lancaster, York, Berks, Adams, Lebanon and parts of Dauphin Counties. He has over 3 decades of experience teaching others important skills. This includes extensive experience teaching people with special needs.
Dan Stroup and Daughter Kalie
Dan and Kris Stroup have been successfully supporting others from the local community to achieve their dreams for a combined 60 years. Dan, a Community Psychologist, has done this through his work as an educator and in leadership positions at several local non-profits. An Alumni of Penn State University, Dan earned a Bachelor’s Degree in Behavioral Sciences and a Master’s Degree in Community Psychology from Penn State University. He has had 7 students win the Bill Brownlowe Memorial Award for outstanding growth and achievement. Dan also has significant experience successfully supporting people who have special needs, including intellectual and/or physical disabilities.
His wife Kristin, an alumni from East Stroudsburg University, has a BA in Sociology and is a local expert in the field of Mental Health Services. She is the Director of Mental Health Services at Bell Socialization in York, PA. She has developed and overseen various programs that teach life skills, vocational skills, social skills and academic skills.
Together they have 3 children, Ryan, Erik, and Kalie. In supporting their children’s educational development, the Stroups have recognized the importance of obtaining educational supports to maximize student’s potential in school. Without such supports, students may quickly find themselves in difficult and challenging situations.
To aid students and their families, Dan and Kris have decided to utilize their skills and experience to become Tutor Doctors serving our community. As Tutor Doctors, they help students who are struggling to improve, and students who are doing well to excel.
15 years ago...
We had a simple idea and a desire to make a difference. We wondered why parents had to adjust their family’s busy schedules and drive half way across town just to put their child in another classroom with more kids… when in fact it was the classroom experience that their child was struggling with in the first place.
- What if tutoring time slots could be scheduled to accommodate a family’s busy schedule?
- What if a struggling child could get one-to-one attention instead of the “one-to-many” models used by most learning centers?
- What if average families could get access to top tutoring resources sometimes reserved only for wealthier families?
- What if a tutor could develop a personalized program by working with the child’s existing homework and school curriculum?
- What if we could avoid loading more standard textbook work on an already overwhelmed child?
- What if a tutor could come directly to the child’s home to deliver tutoring services instead of fragmenting a family’s precious time together by forcing parents to act as ”taxi drivers”?
These questions and more were eventually answered through the development of the Tutor Doctor program. Over the last 15 years, the Tutor Doctor vision has taken shape. In 2003 the company turned to franchising as a way of expanding the company’s impact and meeting the vast market demand. Now with offices internationally, the Tutor Doctor vision is becoming a reality as the lives of students and their families are being positively impacted.