ACT Test Prep Tutoring in Newport/Laguna Beach to San Clemente
97% of our ACT Test Prep students increase their scores!
The ACT consists of subject area tests in English, Mathematics, Reading and Science. The ACT Plus Writing includes the four subject area tests plus a 30-minute writing test. The ACT includes 215 multiple-choice questions and takes approximately 3 hours and 30 minutes to complete, including a short break (or just over four hours if you are taking the ACT Plus Writing). The ACT is offered 6 times a year and is scored out of 36. The majority of high school students take the ACT in April of their junior year.
Our ACT Clear Advantage Program
- 24 hours of private one-to-one sessions with an experienced ACT test prep tutor at your home or preferred location
- A comprehensive course workbook with detailed strategies and homework solutions
- 2 to 3 proctored practice tests (midway and final to gauge progress during the program)
- Scored reports from practice tests with recommendations (by skill and sub-skill) for continued improvement
- Communication with parents regarding their student’s progress and alert e-mails if assignments are late or of low score
- 1-year access to online supplemental curriculum, with over 3,000 short (20-90 second) videos outlining solutions and strategies for ALL workbook questions
A Smarter Way to Study
- Our system analyzes your student’s initial full-length SAT® test and tells us exactly which concepts to review in order to maximize your student’s score.
Online Support for Students
- Our blended-learning system delivers instant online support. Every problem on every lesson and quiz has its own detailed video solution. That’s more than 67 hours of video solutions!
More Efficient Tutoring Sessions
- Because assignments are graded and analyzed prior to the start of each tutoring session, we never waste time grading homework during a session. The result is a 20% improvement in tutoring efficiency!
Custom Online Quizzes
- Our tutors create online quizzes that are 100% custom tailored to the needs of your student. Every question on every quiz has been selected from our database of more than 2500 questions.
Real Results on Real Tests
- While other companies inflate their results by using tests they wrote, we don’t play any of those games. Our system delivers industry-leading score improvements on real College Board SAT® tests.
Progress Reports – in Your Inbox
- We offer a number of email alerts to help you keep track of your student’s progress. Sign up for weekly progress reports and we’ll keep you in the loop, so you’ll know exactly how your student is doing in the course.
ACT vs. SAT®
Surprising Facts About The ACT:
- ALL Universities accept the ACT
- The ACT is considered the better measurement tool to gauge college readiness. It is an achievement test, measuring what a student has learned in school whereas the SAT® is more of an aptitude test, testing reasoning and verbal abilities. Additionally, the ACT also tests reasoning abilities via the Science Reasoning section.
- You do NOT need a knowledge of Science in order to do well on the science portion—this section tests your reasoning skills, and is more like the SAT®.
- In most cases, it is easier and quicker to raise ACT scores because the test is basically a review of what students have been learning for 11 years in school.
- The most important factors in college admission: GPA 45%, ACT exam 45%, Other 10% (volunteering, school activities, sports, etc…).
- ACT score determines how much scholarship money will be awarded.
Want more information? We provide Free, in-home, no-obligation consultations for ACT test prep tutoring! Simply call or email us to chat with an education consultant 7 days a week from 9am to 9pm.