Test Prep in Mashpee
Effective & Affordable ACT & SAT® Exams Support
Tutor Doctor has experience assisting students in a multitude of subjects to help them succeed in the classroom, but what about when they’re ready to move into higher education? Our private in-home and online tutoring services in Cape Cod also extend to supporting students with ACT/SAT test prep in Mashpee.
Our test preparation program includes:
- Comprehensive evaluation to gauge focus areas before SAT/ACT test prep sessions
- Assistance deciding which test to take and how many times to take it
- Thorough and updated study guides and test materials to review collaboratively
- Proctored practice tests to properly prepare for the actual test and learn how to pace
- Regular check-ins throughout the test prep sessions
- Detailed explanation of scores and test reports
- Effective test-taking strategies and personalized lesson plans
The private tutors who work one-on-one with Mashpee students are well-versed in test prep and test-taking because they’ve done both and have developed individual approaches to assist. We understand that each student is different and requires unique methods to help with taking these important exams. Our SAT/ACT test prep plans are tailored specifically for your student’s needs.
For more information about our test prep programs in Mashpee, call (508) 338-4804 today.
How Do You Decide Which Test to Take?
There’s always been a misconception that one test is less important than the other and one is harder than the other. Both could be further from the truth. Truthfully, both the ACT and SAT have sections that challenge students.
Some of the differences between the ACT and SAT include:
- The ACT has a Science Reasoning section
- The SAT has a math section (that restricts the use of calculators)
- The ACT has an optional essay section
- The SAT currently has an optional essay section that will be phased out in June 2021
When thinking about which test is right for you, it’s important to consider your location and the dates you want to take the test. The ACT is offered seven times a year in February, April, June, July, September, October, and December. Similarly, the SAT is also offered seven times per year in March or April, May, June, August, October, November, and December. Make sure to check specific dates for your area, as test-taking months may vary.
Tutor Doctor can assist in deciding which test is the best fit for students in and around Mashpee. Call (508) 338-4804 to schedule your complimentary consultation and ask any questions you have.
How Our Test Preparation Experts Can Help
At Tutor Doctor, our test prep professionals in Mashpee work to ensure you feel comfortable and ready to take the ACT or SAT. We focus our attention on helping you overcome test anxiety, pace during the exam, concentrate on specific sections, and build the necessary confidence to score well on either test.
Specifically, our ACT/SAT test prep methods include:
- Concentrating on results – Before we dive into the exam itself, we assess each student’s learning styles and knowledge to develop a plan of action. As a result, we can focus on results and test-taking skills and improve academic knowledge. Delivering results-driven techniques is only the beginning.
- Setting practical and realistic goals – We understand you may have a dream of earning a perfect score on either exam, but that’s not our aim. Of course, we want you to do your best and score as well as possible, which is why we start with setting practical goals that lead you toward greater overall achievement.
- Creating strong relationships – Successful and engaging test prep sessions begin with trust and comfort. We want all of our student-tutor relationships to be strong and built on a foundation of mutual respect and open communication.
Why Tutor Doctor?
For over 20 years, Tutor Doctor has supported students in virtually every aspect of academia, from ACT/SAT test prep to learning a new language. In that time, we have helped more than 200,000 students of all ages and backgrounds in 15 different countries worldwide. To say we have a passion for this is an understatement. We thrive off of watching students succeed far beyond the classroom.