In-Home Tutors Wanted - Become a Tutor
Apply to join the #1 at-home tutoring franchise in the world (Entrepreneur Magazine)! Tutor Doctor is a great opportunity for the tutor that wants to thrive, learn, and empower. At Tutor Doctor, we’re not just a tutoring company; we’re a catalyst for transformation. We strive to be a world-class organization and are fully invested in the success of our students, tutors, and employees.
By joining Tutor Doctor, you will change lives.
We offer tutoring opportunities in Rhode Island based on your skills, interests and availability! We look forward to hearing from you.
Why Join our team?
- We help tutors provide the best tutoring service to each of our thousands of students throughout the US and beyond. Our systems work for our families and for our tutors.
- Our customer / tutor support is exemplary.
- Our teachers / tutors are matched with pre-screened students based on location, interests, personality, and schedules.
- We offer competitive hourly rates and pay reliably via professional payroll services.
- We keep students, parents, tutors, and classroom teachers on the same page via our online reporting system.
- Our tutors are free to accept or reject each proposed tutoring assignment.
- We pay close attention to both our students’ progress and our tutors’ needs.
Tutor Job Description
We are currently looking for tutors to travel to students’ homes in your neighborhood for one-on-one tutoring which involves clarifying and teaching subject matter, as well as assessing the student’s knowledge and skills on an ongoing basis.
Tutors needed in all subjects and grades:
We are looking for tutors who care about our students’ progress and who can teach them to have a positive relationship with learning.
We are interested in tutors with expertise in subject areas of Elementary Education from Kindergarten to 8th grade, High School programs such as English, Mathematics, Calculus, Algebra, Foreign Languages, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, etc., College, University, and Adult programs also welcomed. Other responsibilities include faxing or emailing in time-sheets and invoices on a monthly basis.
- Certified teachers, undergraduates, graduates, postgraduates, IP students, Engineers, Nurses, Autism Experience (any degree that gives you qualifications to tutor certain subjects).
- Access to a reliable vehicle
- Open to new ideas & learning strategies
- Good interpersonal/rapport building skills
- Dependable & responsible
- Analytic/detail oriented
- Quick learner
Tutor Doctor selects tutors based on subject area expertise as well as personality and qualifications. This does not mean that we only hire teachers to be tutors, but we do require experience and extensive knowledge of the subject area they will teach. The beauty of what Tutor Doctor does is that we match tutors to each student based on learning style and personality. In order to appropriately match a tutor with a student, each tutor must undergo a detailed evaluation and interview that also includes a background check.